Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Good old-fashioned neighborhood living

Do you know that we have at least two ice cream trucks circulating throughout our neighborhoods in Royal Palm Beach?  

Now at first the prospect of a creepy old man driving around in a music playing unmarked van gave me the heebie-jeebies but then today on our way home when I was telling Vivian we would be able to buy ice cream from our front yard the prospect of it once again held the magic of childhood. Since we've been avoiding the ice cream man since our move here in August I was unsure of the route but I know that in the afternoons I usually hear the music. And the ice cream man did not disappoint because within 10 minutes of our arrival back at home sweet home I heard Elvis Presley playing over the loudspeaker in a music box tone. We grabbed a couple a dollars and flagged him down and I was able to keep my promise that within the first few minutes of our arrival at home we would find Sweet treats in our front yard. My childhood memories of the ice cream man have been restored and we will be regular customers from now on.


No comments:

Post a Comment