Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Perks of the Parks - Royal Palm Beach Commons Park

There are so many things that make me absolutely giddy about Palm Beach County, especially now that I have a child (strangely my list of awesome things about Palm Beach County was a bit different when I was single and childless!). The PARKS! Okay, first things first, and the final selling point of Royal Palm Beach in my personal situation is the amazingly fantastic and phenomenal Village Commons Park.  Royal Palm Beach Commons Park, located at 11600 Poinciana Blvd. at the intersection of Poinciana and Royal Palm Beach boulevards, is a brand-new, 163-acre facility that opened in March of 2013...and I would MARRY IT if that was legal.




One of the most wonderful things about Royal Palm Beach is that it sets a standard of 10 acres of parkland per 1,000 residents...really?  Who does that?  It's FANTASTIC!

This park is the most unique I have ever seen, it has a giant green space for various events, two different playgrounds with the softest "imaginary" grass (aka artificial grass) you've ever felt, and LOUNGE CHAIR SWINGS!  Okay, well, they are probably called something else but you get the point:


The playgrounds were obviously created by someone who knows what they are doing, since my child is 3, my focus/obsession is with the one geared towards younger kids, so I should probably go ahead and show you the one for older kids now:


Moving on to the playground for the little ones, have I said that it's fantastic?  What do they say about pictures and 1,000 words?

Yep, that's a rockin' boat!

Yes, I'm obsessed with these swings, and I want one in my size.


Rock Climbing Ramp and Slide
Awesome Climbing Wall Thingie

Do I even need to say it?  LOUNGE SWING!



Triple Slide


Splash OBSESSION

Okay, even though I led with the playgrounds, they are NOT my favorite thing about Royal Commons Park.  Let me introduce you to the SPLASH PARK FOUNTAIN LION AWESOMENESS.

Going to go ahead and lead this part with one of my favorite moments captured on video...I was filming Vivian playing in the fountains, and they shut off (as they sometimes do to circulate or process or something).  Vivian was ultra concerned that we would have to go home and they they came back on and it was sheer joy in fountain land.  Even when Vivian runs smack dab into another kid and they both crash down, they just get right back up!


So the fountain area, which is so very nice as it kind of looks like just a fountain with lion sculptures, has got to be one of my favorite places in the entire world.  It's clean and safe and I LOVE it.

Village Commons Fountains











No comments:

Post a Comment